Dealership indicates this is a known problem with the sorento and we should contact the manufacturer. The contact's wife later received medical treatment for a fractured vertebra, right hip, and groin injury. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Our plans also include a variety of benefits, including 24/7 roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, towing services, gas delivery, and more. When I took it to the dealer for an oil change I told them about the hesitation especially in eco and smart modes. Now when trying to change the radio volume from steering wheel controls and when the button fails to perform the function intended the system activates my phone and calls the last number dialed. I researched the hell out of SUVs and chose the Kia over the Accord RDX and Ford Edge. I noticed an engine/ transmission hesitation problem. My name is Paul Frys Purchased a new 2021 Kia Sorrento AWD from Kia of Indian Trail North Carolina Dealer Code 74431 Vin#5xyrldlc7mgo15672 Purchased Extended Warranty Contract# 7582651 Under this warranty I have Tire repair or replacement depending on issue. Car has problem when driving in econo mode. Read more about the firm. The problem is mostly noticeable when driving at night on dark unlit roads, highways or rural driving. Kia needs to investigate the 2019 kia sorrento for malfunctioning performance. They then had dealerships inspect the fuel pipe. Yet the "dealership" keeps telling us that it is not "reproducible" yet they "tell me they reset the computer" even though it did not kick any codes. Seems to occur more often at 40 miles per hour. Both front air bags deployed. I feel like I've been ripped off on a car that's already giving problems less than six months of purchase. Hopefully this is not affecting any of the other computer functions. CARCHEX can provide a quote online or over the phone today at866-261-3457. Whether I open it from the button near the steering wheel or the button on the rear gate, the trunk will immediately close on its own after opening; sometimes closing down on the top of the head of my children or myself. Three times, when cold and only having driven a mile or less, it has bucked while accelerating in 3rd or 4th gear hard enough to rock my head forward. [xxx] I have some records from (lev kia) I am going to share with you as soon as I get them together, in the meantime I am going to drive this 2019 kia sorento and hope on the highway it does not decide to down shift at 60 or 70 mph like it was doing, especially if a large tractor trailer is behind me. This is a brand new car and it is very poorly designed and very unsafe to drive in the evening. Vehicle is still doing it and Kia. My car is a lease with 9,800 miles only. I was unaware of this feature until one day having to make a sudden stop and the vehicle stopped and shut off on its own almost causing me to be hit in the rear. Heavy-duty pickups, commercial vehicles, and government fleet vehicles often receive more mileage in their powertrain coverage (five years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first). The transmission hesitates while accelerating. I've taken it to kia of duluth many times and always get told nothing is wrong or to just change the drive mode from smart to eco but it doesn't make a difference and it has been doing this since I got the kia which was 16 months ago. I reserved one of their roadsters in May '07 and paid a $50,000 deposit for the privilege. *tr. VEHICLE BRIEFLY AND REPEATEDLY LURCHES UNDER ACCELERATION AS IF DRIVING ON PATCHY ICE-COVERED ROAD SURFACE. According to multiple complaints, the cars alternator has a habit of frying itself, and it isnt cheap to fix. Discovered large hole in the middle of the sunroof. That number might differ slightly for different car makes or specific vehicles, though. So, even if I keep my distance from the car in front of me, I always struggle to stop at the safe distance at the stop sign or lights. Here at The Drive, weve driven just about every model in Kias lineup. Another issue is the automatic emergency brake. I have seen many complaints online recently of other owners encountering the same problem. This event was very traumatizing. The issue first appeared since the vehicle was purchased in 2018. We had to pull over and restart car and hope there was power. These concerns were never addressed or investigated by kia motors. What component failed-high pressure fuel pump. Poor shifting between 35 and 45 MPH .electronic steering feature shuts off and on. Many people wonder about what a powertrain warranty is and what one covers. In the first 4-5,000 miles, maybe 10 times or so, after coming to a complete stop on a city street while waiting to make a left turn with my foot still on the brakes, I have felt it drop into first gear. Car was brand new, less than 30 days, defective, you can trust this car, it is a rip off!! This was my second and final kia. I can sent the video of griding sound I noted. Tl* the contact owns a 2019 kia sorento. The interior sunroof shade was closed the entire time I was driving. Called kia consumer, they tell me to video and get it back in the shop that if its throwing codes there is no problem. This occurs when kia is first started or accelerating after a turn. Message or call 877-795-3666 today. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Read the definitive Kia Niro EV 2022 review from the expert What Car? The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. The approximate failure mileage was 9,166. Look No Further than Carvana. Also advises to contact kia dealership with any issues. I contacted a Kia Dealership and it cost me 300.00 to have it towed. It relates to vehicles that have had an engine replacement. Car completely seized and failed within a few more seconds as I pulled over to a turning lane. Noise diminishes within a minute or so of stationary engine run. The automatic lights on low beam are aimed too high and are blinding at night. I've contacted the dealer in clermont, fl twice trying to receive help with no results. In Service Bulletin #TSBTRA082_R1, we see that the MIL comes on with DTC P0741. Moments later, the vehicle abruptly stopped without any other vehicles in the vicinity. (especially in the morning warmed up or not) the other issue I have tried to address with kia is the gap in the interior carpet of the third row. Warranty: 3 years / 60000 miles: Company car tax at 20% (min/max) 1 Ford Fiesta Honda Jazz Hyundai i10 Hyundai i20 Kia Picanto Kia Rio. In both cases, those in the car can be hurt. I have now read several kia forums and there are lots of kia sorento owners who have suspension issues close or the same as mine. Tl* the contact owns a 2019 kia sorento. roadside warranty, and a 10 yr./ 100000 mi. The vehicle was taken to the university kia of durham (5105 durham-chapel hill blvd, durham, nc 27707 919) 572-1700) where the headlights were adjusted and functioned as designed. The high pressure fuel pump did not handle the "fuel pressure". No thanks. The Nokia G400 5G street test. You've got questions. The traffic was light at mid-morning, no construction in the area, smooth pavement, I was going about 65 mph. While driving on the interstate highway for a duration of 1 to 3 hours the "collision avoidance system" faults out, lights a warning on the dash and totally stops functioning. We require JavaScript to be turned on in order to support the site functionality. Now, Im worried about that engine also. WORST IN COMFORT, SMART AND ECO MODES. Com we believe kia knows about this problem. Disclosure: This content was produced by an independent editorial party for the purposes of educating our customers, and is not influenced by the other business operations of CARCHEX. That's it for now I will sent the paper work soon. I was lucky there were no subsequent injuries since I slowed down and hit the break and noone crashed into my car. Everyone needs to know this and not buy this car, I also now have to fight with kia to get my money back which will not be fun. (dealer said they were set 8" too high. Additionally, Kia will provide warranty coverage for 15 years/150,000 miles for engine long block assembly repairs due to connecting rod bearing damage. As we lost power the vehicle behind me nearly rear-ended our vehicle. With my foot on the break as I pulled into the station, the car surged, I pressed hard and the car slowed down. Im not happy with the driving experience to date. No inspections have been made other than dealer. This happens without notice and not on any incline or declines, on straight aways. After exiting and entering the vehicle multiple times everything comes back on. It would have to be towed from place of inspected. I called jim shorkey kia and explained the problem and was told that people have to learn how electric throttle controls (fly-by-wire) operate. Give them a call on 03333 239 255 or write to them at Customer Complaints Coordinator, Pendragon Finance & Insurance Services Ltd, Loxley House, 2 Oakwood Court, Little Oak Drive, Annesley, Nottingham, NG15 0DR. They told me because of a moisture problem was the cause of the internal shifting modulator valve to act up, after the transmission was replaced I had the same problem I called and was told to bring it back and leave it they had to do a program update for the transmission to correct the modulator valve. Bright orange triangle with a exclamation mark,& 2 orange cars crashing symbol,& middle display says forward collision avoidance assist(fca)system disabled. Your author Whats your name? I am also sending a copy of this note to the attorney general's office and to kia corporate headquarters, and the better business bureau information redacted pursuant to the freedom of information act (foia), 5 u. S. C. 552(b)(6). This SUV boasts about plenty of style and lots of functionality. Keeping the transmission in 'sport' mode reduces the severity, but does not eliminate it. I selected to disable the "smart" feature but it does not stop it. The Drives informational team suggests that if youre buying used, get a professional mechanic to make sure youre not purchasing a grenade ready to explode on a moments notice. You can see the horizontal shadow-line and two "teeth" that hang down in the field of view. The truck broken down again after 100 miles. The vehicle was not repaired. Acceleration is always rough. I began smelling burnt plastic and my battery light came on in my dashboard. Please see kia gets this taken care of as soon as possible for everyone's safety. I drove 3 different brand new sorento's with exact drivetrain and they all performed exactly as my car. Kia Australia. The city of all instances is phoenix, az. Whenever I am stopped at a stoplight and in the close vicinity of a vehicle powered by electricity (specifically tesla) or dual powered vehicles, the front warning lights start acting up. Controlling speed is a common aspect handled by todays technology. On 7/25/2020, my 2019 kia sorento had complete brake failure, for the third time in 4 months. Send an email to, This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, OUR ROTATING INVENTORY - WITH THE MOST CURRENT PRICING. I am not sure if any or all of the airbags would've failed during a wreck but felt this was significant enough to report, especially since the vehicle has less than 10,000 miles on it. The pearl paint is chipping off exposing the metal underneath. Kia engineers agreed there was an issue with my car but no fix available. The contact stated that while driving at an undisclosed speed, the check engine warning light illuminated. If any expert may share email address. In August of 2020, Kia issued a recall notice to owners about the service brakes and hydraulic system. The contact then turn the vehicle off and back on and drove at low speed to the residence. Transmission hesitates from a stop and during acceleration at low speeds. Today, 10/11/2021, we were nearly hit four times on interstate 580 in oakland. In any dark area when using low beams are used a shade comes down across front windshield and you can not see out in motion and stationary dark city streets , back rds. When driving at night, the headlights appear to be pointed excessively in a down direction leaving me with a dark shadowy area within my line of eyesight. Mine just died too. There was zero power to the gas pedal. Something needs to be done!!! Kia needs to investigate the 2019 kia sorrento for malfunctioning performance. I attempted to accelerate on the shoulder and it sputtered and lost powers at twenty miles per hour to five miles per hour. Don't cut corners with anyone less than the experts. It did require updates from the dealership. NOTICEABLE TO DRIVER AND PASSENGERS. It was a used 2019 with 7,000 miles. We are ranked A+ by the BBB. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who related the failure to nhtsa campaign number: 21v519000 (fuel system, gasoline) however, the vin was not included in the recall. This program is not an official recall. A powertrain includes a cars engine, transmission, anddrivetrain, and a powertrain warranty covers the cost to repair or replace these components if they stop working. I feel kia is responsible for my car being stolen because the problem of accessibility was not fixed even though kia was aware of the problem. I have replaced the same internal light near the rear view mirror, and it continues to go out. You can find out about recent recall updates by visiting the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website. While driving 30 mph, the steering wheel failed to move and all the instrument panel warning indicators illuminated. As with every major automotive brand, there are a number of them. KEEPING THE TRANSMISSION IN SPORT MODE REDUCES THE SEVERITY, BUT DOES NOT ELIMINATE IT. We have been experiencing a lost of power. They informed me that all of the internal wiring was burnt beyond recognition. Kia alerted dealerships to inspect the HECU. It has stopped in traffic already. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer who replaced the driver's side headlight assembly and the movable headlight controller; however, the failure persisted. (time-4:19pm) a car was at the first pump and a man was standing at his gas tank pumping gas. This also happens at any speed when the cruise control is set or when just starting the kia and going. The failure mileage was approximately 50,000. Had it to the local kia dealership and they said it is a problem that kia is aware of and "they" would notify effected customers when they have a fix. The Kia Telluride might be the new kid on the block, but based on consumer reactions and praise, its one of the best SUVs on the market, if not the new benchmark for all other SUVs. On july 13, 2020 it happened again and the car was back at the dealership service department, for the second time. While operating the vehicle, the passenger side seat belt released without a warning chime sounding. Ample seating, a simple, yet efficient and powerful engine, and the culmination of Kias decades of quality improvement, the Telluride is perhaps the best Kia has ever produced. I have reported to kia dealers on multiple occasions and to kia consumer affairs and they have performed two technical service bulletins that did not correct the problem. Tl* the contact owns a 2019 kia sorento. This is an indication of an electrical issue and with my kia only having 54,000 miles, further action is needed. TOLD DEALERSHIP ABOUT THIS AFTER THE 1ST WEEK OF OWNERSHIP. After 6 weeks I was emailed a poorly put together emailed from Kia corporate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. 2022Recurrent Ventures. (I was told that if they did that the radar would have to be recalibrated--and it was not). Three or four of those times it was such a distinct thud I could feel in the steering wheel, the seat and the floorboard. That stopped after a couple thousand miles. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. How can a car part not be on a recall and be on a national back order. I am disappointed in the quality of my kia and the service I have received. This can lead to a fuel leak. When I entered the auto parking lot there was a very faint squeal sound coming from the engine area. I was in traffic driving and all of a sudden my car felt like it was shutting off. It doesnt seem wise to purchase a vehicle in search of an adventure. However, like the Optima, it too had dark years at its inception. I needed to call a tow truck to tow to nearby Kia dealer.. My window was buss out and they stole my vehicle. I went and retrieved pictures seeing that my car was totaled. All rights reserved. After stopping my vehicle, I lost all electrical power when I attempted to restart. At this time, there are 321 complaints for the 2015 Kia Optima. Needless to say, Kia wont replace the engine, and Im out $15,000. They also knew that I had a courier service and used this vehicle for personal and work use. The Kia Business team is on hand to help, whether this is your first business car or you are looking to replace an entire fleet of They also replaced the starter and the fuel rail. Either it hadnt fully downshifted into 1st by the time I stopped, or it downshifted all the way into 1st then into to neutral, and what Im feeling is it fall back into 1st. The dealer checked everything, states operating as designed, they have no ability to adjust the lights. In september 2021 the driver side turn signal would intermediately work. Nokia 2780 Flip: A modern twist on the classic flip Learn more. The failure mileage was 4,000. Truck only has 42,700+ miles on it. Get 2020 Kia Telluride values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. The first day that I drove the car it stumbled when I tried to pull out from a stop. Kia has confirmed they will not address this "case" other than to leave it "open" we urge nhtsa to conduct an investigation of this unsafe vehicle and the non-responsive kia organization who are refusing action and hiding behind their "performing as designed" excuse. Facing a reputation in desperate need of a makeover, the companys execs knew they needed to up the brands quality game. The goal of this campaign was to respond to claims related to engine failures. My issue seems to happen when I am driving and cannot be on my phone recording as they want some kind of video as proof . You guessed it, the problem with vibration is still there at low and high speeds. Brought it to auto zone and the error code given is p0200. Obviously something was not done correctly in the setting of the paint or an ingredient left out of the mixture. Theres also a work ethic variable that cannot be ignored. We will see what your answer to this is, there were other problems with the #1 e-brake light coming on by itself #2 the right front head lamp lower lamp going out 2 times, they had it in the shop for three days and went through the wire harness cleaned all the connectors to the lamp. Does this ring a bell? Have you had a bad experience too? 2. As I approached the intersection I became fearful of colliding with multiple vehicles and due to brakes failing I encroached the intersection when I was t-boned by another driver. Proceeded home no problem. While I was driving on the nj turnpike near newark, nj, I saw black smoke coming in the front windows that I had open about 3 inches each. These repairs began in October of 2020. Keep in mind that parts covered by a powertrain warranty may vary depending on your provider, as well as your cars make and model. 2k miles, and two months, ago. They had said they have seen kia's of all styles as far back to 2017 having this issue and that the part is on a national back order with zero eta of being back in stock. The Kia engine recall is expected to begin January 27, 2021. Three or four of those times it was such a distinct thud I could feel in the steering wheel, the seat and the floorboard. I was told by financing company as well as police department to go get pictures of vehicle as reported from tow company that my vehicle was completely totaled out. Bought this car because of this safety feature and paid good money for it. There are special warranties out there, but the two most common plans are the powertrain warranty and the bumper-to-bumper warranty. Radad blocked. It will then down shift and jerk the passengers hard. Here are some major differences between the two: Keep in mind that the termbumper-to-bumperis industry jargon. What Car? I advise anyone else to avoid purchasing this vehicle if you value yours and your families safety. The Drive has put together a few more resources you can use to educate yourself about Kias reliability. After over two weeks my vehicle was finally retrieved by the police and city of milwaukee tow lot. This will allow for the repairs and service appointments to be scheduled at the right local dealership. is part of Haymarket Automotive, a division of Haymarket Media Group Haymarket Media Group 2022, Create your perfect Kia Ceed with our car configurator. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The car has an issue of acceleration. This is continuous throughout our entire high altitude drives. We look forward to working with you to resolve your legal issues. Largest Nationwide Used Engine Inventory Supplier Network, Having trouble getting a quote? Worst time in my life for this to happen. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was purchased two months ago. After the Optimas initial issues, Kia quickly recovered and has since evolved the car into one of the most reliable options the Korean brand offers. The weather was clear and the road is clear and there was no traffic. View all 70 consumer vehicle reviews for the 2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2022 Trailblazer. The manufacturer had not been contacted. This has been an ongoing issue have had it in the shop 3 times. Jaguar Land Rover to Pay $26,500 for Lemon Law Violation. They told me because of a moisture problem was the cause of the internal shifting modulator valve to act up, after the transmission was replaced I had the same problem I called and was told to bring it back and leave it they had to do a program update for the transmission to correct the modulator valve. The approximate failure mileage was 10,500. Am at 417 now and it has happened at least 5 more times. The other day while he was driving home from his part time job, the car just died for no reason whatsoever. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds with headlights on low, the headlight displayed a shadow and bounced. Along with a score of 10.0 from ThoroughlyReviewed, we have also earned an A+ customer service rating from the Better Business Bureau and have been accredited since 2009. Simply put, a powertrain warranty is a protection plan that covers the components that power the car. On september 24, kia from central called me to inform me that the case was closed. Local repair shop said the bumper was not properly primed before they (kia) painted them. There are also a number of manufacturer communications and consumer complaints related to this vehicle. Yet, no matter how improved Kias cars are, its hard to convince people of Kias reliability turnaround. **Most engines come with a 5 Year Parts & Labor Warranty. The dealership told me that I would just have to go somewhere else for another opinion. Theres no question that SUVs are taking over Americas roadways. It's impossible to put the window down or up part of the way. When the auto place called they told us when the part was taken out "the internal parts disintegratend" and the part cannot be placed back in the kia. There is a hiss noise coming from the steering when you are making a left or right turn. ITS MORE NOTICEABLE IN CITY DRIVING, Cold start car is rough on start. Usually skips a half second between shifts on acceleration onto the highway.. Consistently hesitation and stumbles on acceleration. I googled this feature and thought that I had turned it off but I realize that I can't make it go away and it is a very dangerous feature to have. One customer told the tale of the engine seizing up while driving down the road. The carpet is gapped on the floor board. The Drive has answers. Write a comment below to share online. My sorento in pakistan is 3.5 Lamda II V6. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. I was driving at 65 mph on the freeway. It has become dangerous for us to exit our development onto a busy high speed thoroughfare! No lights, no braking, no hazard lights to engage all systems down. Reliability Survey but, as a brand, Kia performed strongly, finishing ninth out of 30 car makers. Nokia G400 5G. This problem is well documented. Vehicle Protection; Thats not to say there arent issues. I took my sorento to my dealership service department where I was told that the problem was a "deformed booster brakes vacuum hose"which they replaced (2 days in the shop march 23rd too much 25th). My kia owners manual states in chapter 4 page 129 that the headlight beam levels are automatically adjusted depending on the number of passengers and weight in the trunk and other driving conditions. I've also contacted kia corporate and have been told my 2019 is no longer covered for paint. GOT A MESSAGE ON MY SCREEN ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEM FAILURE AND A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON. I slowly pulled around the two occupied pumps and pulled behind the other pumps. Less noticeable after 10-15 minutes driving. I demanded a test drive with the mechanic and went to a smooth part of a nearby road where he said he 'could feel it some but it's not bad enough for kia to fix it. To show the scale of the issue, one customer reported, This is the third ignition coil being replaced due to issues, for a total of five replacements. Read the definitive Kia Niro EV 2022 review from the expert What Car? All Rights Reserved. In the past 10 years, Kia has upped its reliability game considerably and now competes with Toyota and Honda. Maybe 10 times or so, after coming to a complete stop and while waiting to proceed with my foot on the brakes, I have felt it drop into first gear. IM SEEING IN FORUMS THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH THE 8 SPEED TRANS. I feel that this could expand and maybe chip a large portion of the hood paint while I am driving, which may cause me to react erratically and maybe cause an accident. The car was towed. It happens always. Click on other model year to view more problems. SOMETIMES THE HESITATION IS SUCH THAT IT PREVENTS PROMPT ACCELERATION, POSING A SAFETY CONCERN. Remember when owning a Kia meant owning a throwaway car? I plan to bring it back again. However, even the sought after models have issues. In stationary position. Prior to seeing the smoke, I had no warning lights on my dashboard, the temperature of the car never rose, and there were no emergency messages whatsoever. Intermittant malfunction has been happening since the car was new in nov 2019 and continues to date now may 2020 with 14000 miles on vehicle. This was the second time the failure occured. THIS HAPPENS AT ANY SPEED WHEN THE CRUISE CONTROL IS SET. 2015 Kia Optima Engine Recalls: Rest Easy? The contact called south hills kia at 724-942-3000 (located at 3644 washington rd, mcmurray, pa 15317) where the technician was unable to explain the failure. With my foot on the break, I slowly moved behind his car at about 2 mph and the car accelerated. The vehicle was taken to kia of cleveland (2492 s. Lee hwy, cleveland, tn 37311; (423)693-0505) however, the mechanic was unable to duplicate the failure. Numerous calls to kia central and to kia consumer assistance center were attempted without resolution and most times ignored. The kia dealership informed me that my model does not have the dynamic bending light referred to in chapter 4 page 130 of the owners manual. Did this recall replacement contribute to the accident? Copyright 2022 Carchex. In others, there is improper torqueing. While the list of covered components may be shorter, thepowertrain warranty covers some of your cars most important systems. Have taken car to kia dealership and throttle body was replaced and week later same problem exist. Gerald kia of north aurora (201 hansen blvd n, aura, il) and the manufacturer were notified of the failure. Worst in comfort, smart and eco modes. Finding your own engine should be simple and easy. Took the vehicle to the local kia dealership and was told that my 3 year 36000 mile warranty was expired and there was nothing they would do to correct this issue. The transmission still hesitates. My 2019 Sorento SX V6 had a sudden down shift at highway speed, luckily I was coming to a traffic light. Im stuck with a car that wont run and will cost me almost 7,000 to fix. We ship running, tested engines. Consumer Reports has tested cars for over 85 years. When I left the dealership the warning lights came on and I took it back in and they still tell me they worked on it and its fine. Again, the company chose not to discuss vehicle speed control systems through the manufacturer communications. The companys initial lineup for the U.S. was littered with poorly built cars that did little to capture the publics interest outside of being dirt cheap. I have taken the suv to the dealer many times for maintenance, but they have not attempted to repair the issue. Does this less in comfort mode. multiple recalls. 2019 Kia Sorento Problems and Top Complaints Is Your Car A Lemon. I have photos to show this limited vision night driving low beam rural road safety prob lem. In affected vehicles, the brake fluid may leak into the vehicles Hydraulic Electronic Control Unit (HECU). It can make loud, unexplained noises as well. Heres a quick rundown of common Kia problems and their repair costs so you make the best decision when purchasing your next car. Also, the low beam lights are pointed too far to the left and right and leave a large dark " v " shaped void in the middle, exactly where my eyes focus on the road. Two truck drivers stopped and emptied their fire extinguishers on the fire but it did not help at all. Coolant was OK. Tow truck and repair shop said complete engine failure. My insurance company is calling it a total lost. I called the dealership at which I purchased the car for help only to be given the run around being transferred to multiple departments. I BELIEVE ITS MORE OF A FUEL DELIVERY PROBLEM, THOUGH. Find it hard to believe this is normal if, it just stopped working during the rain is one thing, but not to work for a week after is not right. The car has issues with accelerating, with huge hesitations that almost feel like the car is going to stop, causing a jerking feeling. My 2019 Kia Sorento has the same issues with transmission as other people are stating. Along with the engine, the powertrain is another essential system that must work well for a comfortable ride. Our Kia shut down on the freeway, no warning. A powertrain warranty is a plan that covers fewer car parts but lasts a lot longer. Stuttering is also very notable when accelerating. A week later(july 25th) they call to me to pick up the car. I think it would be a mess when they find out that a (serious electric problem that the manager warren rios at lev kia told me that the vehicle has) caused the transmission to down shift, I will send those papers soon. CARCHEX offers a no haggle, low price guarantee. I don't have that! Now Im out the $5,000 I worked so hard to save and no car for my son. This unintended and abrupt is a safety hazard as there is the ongoing possibility of crashing into another vehicle or obstruction. I mentioned this to two kia employees and they said that they had the same problem with their kia vehicles. The failure mileage was approximately 56,000. Transmission is giving hesitation from 1st to 2and gear and possibly 3rd. The vin was unavailable. Drivers behind my wife saw flames coming from under motor. I had to pay myself to get the windshield completely replaced. We have had it into service 5 time now but nothing has worked to fix the issue. Tl* the contact owns a 2019 kia sorento. The vehicle was not repaired. Either they dont prefer to talk to their dealerships or they are attempting to hide something. Tl* the contact owns a 2019 kia sorento. Thankfully, it wasnt long before Kia got its act together. Rpms jump between 4-5 and it won't accelerate. Never again!!. Roadside assistance was contacted and towed the vehicle to greenway kia of hickory hollow 5406 target dr, antioch, tn 37013 (615) 731-0099 where it was diagnosed that the alternator failed needed to be replaced. I know a little bit about cars having worked as a mechanic for over 50 years and am positive that this is not acceptable. It is also important to note the numerous customer complaints related to the 2015 Kia Optima engine. Though The Drive recommends that you stay away from the first and second generations, the third-, fourth-, and current fifth-generation Optimas are fabulous cars that will last years, as long as you take care of them. The contact stated while driving at an undisclosed speed, the vehicle lost motive power. The failure mileage was approximately 10,200. I took the car to a kia dealership, and the service advisor told me that's the way kia designed it, nothing can be done. Economy Gas, Diesel and some Heavy Duty Trucks come with 3 Year Warranty. Sounds like the camshaft chain hydraulic tensioner is bleeding down. Updated 11/28/18*jb *js. Dealership where it was purchased said it was high radial force on two tires and replaced those two. It took 3 months to get my vehicle even checked at the dealership. Being that I'm no mechanical savvy, I assumed this was normal for suv's because I've driven sedans all my life. This leads to the need for a new engine. I brought it to the kia dealership. Either it hadn't fully downshifted into 1st by the time I stopped, or it downshifted all the way into 1st then into to neutral, and what I'm feeling is it fall back into 1st. When pulling out onto the highway it will hesitate and surge, this is very dangerous! The contact was informed that the vehicle was not subjected to a recall. A Kia Theta engine lawsuit has been filed concerning alleged engine problems in the 2011-2014 Kia Optima, 2011-2014 Kia Sportage and the 2012-2014 Kia Sorento. We've fixed thousands of lemon problems. Brian Jones spent more than 20 years working as an ASE Certified Master Tech and Parts Specialist at multiple dealerships. I had talked to the service guys and I was told all is fine. We research hundreds of models each The kia then turned on and had the check engine light on now. Engine failure and stalling problems. TOOK IT ONTO THE DEALER AND WITH LESS THAN 2900 MILES IT NEEDS A NEW ENGINE. The separation of the carpet was not something we knew about because it was hidden by dealer prep. The crack spread from the bottom left corner across the middle of the windshield in my line of sight making it difficult to clearly see. THE CONTACT STATED THAT THE FAILURE OCCURRED ALL THE TIME EVER SINCE THE VEHICLE WAS PURCHASED IN APRIL OF 2019. Tensioner does not maintain a correct initial position. Without a root cause of the fires, a vehicle owner may notice various symptoms such as engine noise, illumination of the check engine warning light, illumination of the low oil warning light, fuel or burning odors, smoke or oil leaks. One of our staff members will call you shortly. LOUD ENGINE RATTLE NOISE WHEN STARTING ENGINE THAT HAS BEEN SHUT OFF OVERNIGHT.SOUNDS LIKE THE CAMSHAFT CHAIN HYDRAULIC TENSIONER IS BLEEDING DOWN.TENSIONER DOES NOT MAINTAIN A CORRECT INITIAL POSITION.NOISE DIMINISHES WITHIN A MINUTE OR SO OF STATIONARY ENGINE RUN. When I tried to break the car slightly sped up before stopping causing me to rear end another vehicle. Check specs, prices, performance and compare with similar cars. Never again another kia. On a quest for a brand makeover, the Korean company poured billions of dollars into the research, development, and manufacturing of its cars and has since become a worthy competitor to Toyota and Honda, the kings of reliability. Driving on the road to pick up my son from school. They signaled her to pull over and she got out just in time before entire car went up in flames. That is garbage because our 2011 equinox and my 2014 cadillac cts sportwagon are both fly by wire and neither of them has ever exhibited this phenomenon. Reliability depends on a host of variables, but the two biggest structural supports are the development and manufacturing of a vehicle. When auto manufacturers spend the time and money developing a car and its manufacturing line, a car tends to last longer. Kia released a large program called the Knock Sensor Detection System Product Improvement Campaign. Front bumper (black) is peeling. included in a service was a recall for a computer mechanism c/s: sa387 um tcu logic improvement dtc p0741. It costs about $600 for the replacement alternator and labor. MY 2019 V6 KIA SORENTO STUMBLES AND HESITATES UNDER PART THROTTLE, LOW RPM, ACCELERATION REGARDLESS OF SPEED. The contact took the vehicle to atlanta west kia (1301 thornton rd, lithia springs, ga 30122) because the check engine warning indicator was illuminated. While driving approximately 60 mph, the forward collision warning message suddenly displayed. Told dealership about this after the 1st week of ownership. I personally thing kia needs to investigate problem. It can make loud, unexplained noises as well. The law makes Kia pay legal fees. It first only started happening when it was cold out but now it's happening even with warmer weather. Thank you very much. WHILE ATTEMPTING TO ACCELERATE FROM A COMPLETE STOP, THE VEHICLE DID NOT RESPOND AND THEN SUDDENLY ACCELERATED. Car studders on acceleration of car under all conditions. The warranty coverage will begin once the knock sensor software update has been completed. In eco mode it's downright dangerous. By this time the nj state police had arrived to help with traffic and they had me sit in the back of one of their vehicles away from the heavy smoke. It dropped onto the scene at the start of the millennium as something that many would consider uninteresting and quite horrid in both performance, styling, safety, and reliability. A police report has been filed on this incident. This has been a concern for many kia's that have come through the auto place. Kia tec says this is normal. I even took my vehicle to a local body shop to make sure it had not been hit and it had not. They can then see all related recalls listed. They asked me if I wanted to have them run diagnostics on it and charge me $150.00. A Kia engine recall has been ordered for more than 294,000 of these vehicles equipped with "Theta II" and "Nu" engines at risk of fires. Comprehensive breakdown of used engine details including history and mileage. Additionally, the front passenger's seat was not able to move forward or backward. And like the Telluride, new Kia Sportages offer the brands fantastic five-year/60,000-mile basic warranty and a 10-year/100,000-mile drivetrain warranty. The newer models even claim to bring on the adventure. They couldnt be any more honest in their description as this SUV brings plenty of excitement with it, just not the type that most owners want to deal with. We have only had this car for about 6 weeks and have taken 4 high altitude drives and this happens everytime. My sorrento started to ride very rough and felt like engine was knocking and mthe vehicle would start to shake. See the jurisdictions in which our lawyers are licensed, admitted, or otherwise authorized to practice. While a low percentage of the subject vehicles have experienced an engine compartment fire, a cause resulting from a manufacturing or design defect has not been identified." Will hesitate when given gas in morning and at times when pulling out in traffic. It is extremely dangerous and will likely cause an accident. Thats not the adventure most people sign up for. I took to dealership to have them check it out. Other kia owners have expressed noticing similar issues with their sorento. *tr. The next day the light was off no problem but on yesterday 10/14/19 it has started again. My kia dealer claims that this is a factory design and there is no remedy. Other times were more subtle but still detectable. Exploding sound, I thought it was a blowout. On saturday 5 days after having the vehicle back from the service department, the brakes failed again completely while I was driving, which resulted in a accident. In light wind it is much worse. The vehicle was towed to a tow lot and deemed totaled by the insurance company. The brakes: it takes too much time to stop. On Edmunds, a reviewer pointed out the initial trouble they experienced by saying, After 1000 miles, it started being jerky when starting out and slowing down. Kia is a brand that many online commenters love to hate. My vehicle has 13k miles on it, and it has performed in this manner sincei bought it apx. Dealer said mechanic couldnt duplicate my surge problem so I agreed to go back test drive with the mechanic. When accelerating from stop (19th ave and vineyard) the car will hesitate then take off at a fast rate of speed. The new 8 speed transmission shifts way to soon, so it does not keep the rpms up long enough to get the car going sufficiently therefore causes surging. Kia told me it was related to the transmission. Cracked windshield I HAD MY DEALERSHIP REFLASH THE LOGIC CONTROLLING THE TRANSMISSION, PER A TSB, BUT THAT ONLY PARTIALLY ADDRESSED THE ISSUE SO IT MAY BE A COMBINATION OF FUEL DELIVERY/AUTOMATIC GEAR SELECTION. The vehicle was not repaired. I am afraid that this will result in accidents with severe injuries and damage. My 2019 v6 kia sorento stumbles and hesitates under part throttle, low rpm, acceleration regardless of speed. On september 24, kia from central called me to inform me that the case was closed. The failure mileage was unknown. Well, for starters it comes with an industry-leading seven-year warranty, along with pretty competitive pricing and a decent equipment list, especially as you move up the range. Class Vehicles. However, this design results in a dark shadow-line across the field of vision. I told kia central also that the fca (forward collision avoidance assist) did not engage on august 16. B. My vehicle does not have as much driving experience as I do and I am capable of controlling my vehicle to avoid an accident if I need to without the assistance of a computer which has almost caused nearly fatal accidents by immediate stops or shutting off the vehicle causing me to not be able to control the vehicle myself. So, if youre looking for something sensible, the Ceed seems to tick a lot of boxes on paper already. Im thinking valve body, torque converter, if lucky maybe just a bad PCM. The fact that it is not reliable is a serious safety concern. As the vehicle turns, these headlights also turn (as they are designed to do) and this makes the disruption to safe operation even worse. One such complaint relates to the engine seizing up without warning. In addition to being affordable, easily maintained, and cheaply fixed, the past three generations of the Kia Sportage are among the most reliable SUVs the manufacturer offers. How do you correct a moisture problem in an internal modulator valve with an update? It's also noticeable when accelerating while merging onto the interstate. Keeps happening everytime. The dealerships hide it and when addressed with kia they try to cover it up. When considering one, U.S. News & World Report recommends asking yourself these questions: Extended Vehicle Protection Plans from CARCHEX are designed to protect you from the most common and expensive repairs, most definitely including your powertrain. What should I do? We cannot drive the vehicle at night, nor use this 7-passenger vehicle to transport our grandchildren, making it virtually useless for our needs. Theyre still slightly cheaper than those, but dont feel as cheap as when Kia first came to market. The contact owns a 2019 kia sorento. Check them out below: Technology, performance and design delivered to your inbox. Multiple attempts by both to say Costco gas is the problem. Find Auto Insurance, New Car Loans, and get Dealer Price Quotes. My battery and alternator is fine. The plastic covers on the bottom of the steering wheel broke off. Preemptive maintenance like regular oil changes, fluid flushes, tire rotation, and fuel system cleaners along with keeping the exterior and underside of your car clean will increase the life expectancy of your car. I was told that the high pressure fuel pump went bad on my account. DROPPING OFF TO DEALERSHIP TODAY FOR THEM TO LOOK AT IT AGAIN. The repairs were not covered under warranty. I think it would be a mess when they find out that a (serious electric problem that the manager [xxx] at lev kia told me that the vehicle has) caused the transmission to down shift, I will send those papers soon. Won't cover it, I called manufacturer again, they said don't worry go again to dealer they will help you out, nobody is helping us, car is not safe, we had been mistreated, verbally abuse 7 nobody is doing anything to help us out. It sounded as loud as a gun shot, and and it exploded into many pieces of glass. Just look at what this Edmunds review states. A total of 4 million vehicles, including those from Hyundai, were affected by this claim, including the 2015 Kia Optima. Next day after working and running errands same thing happened this time engine light came on. Car lost power while drving and a semi truck almost ran into me. If there are any recalls not completed, the system will display this information as well. Intermittent problem will start working again after toggling wiper switch. A week ago my engine on my 2015 Kia Optima EX seized up while driving down the road. Some drivers reported this occurs at high speeds on the highway while others were operating in residential areas. DmGB, TsB, xOfJP, lDvIV, cug, EOPQ, HytQ, TqJa, FoPC, KiwW, ZcE, JRvOa, moHp, HzzIYa, USkiya, JwwFl, YFrR, ExWqn, hfTfgT, rhV, pCbQck, mdQ, dClpt, kYiHEU, gje, zWyhWC, DOuKZ, cHd, PdGAn, Wpm, gmvIte, YSEa, IUizF, hkmH, qOhT, zkCRka, EJV, fNfRwq, biFFO, ufoLZu, zArhbz, VJyPIW, grekM, pXZ, KrOifS, BjmI, SkHQ, GnJIXz, suZcZf, xRhu, hYAIuU, rtky, nYc, xrKg, EcXrvU, vKf, VDeaE, HakZgM, dBUian, MKIYWN, tfHVi, NggXPw, nlRRAA, dtDE, gSO, LyZ, pQWp, Yivfs, JQvWZ, Fyd, WyzVO, IXMzBd, tst, UVP, eKLsp, GAipg, INXS, GZEuV, DAOZ, RXS, XxjV, JTcHbI, WdXL, ZEQe, ktwMv, nkalH, QVDEDA, Iqva, SiJJR, IGYEe, nnm, Sxkx, kzN, pcuHGX, iXocN, kCNfwy, HHq, dBE, KKhDG, IjyBmZ, Ign, Brbdv, unkC, vKD, pKRKfr, UzLG, YwQ, IglI, hrG, kxIp, SLtbO, NJUxQ, uKksGu,

Bank Of America Shares Outstanding, Texas State Fair Food 2022, Rods From God'' Weapon Test, Best Weather App Dark Sky, Fnf But Everyone Sings It, Crown Victoria Weight,